Readymade clothes are the rage these days. The reasons are obvious. Readymade clothes are available in a large variety of designs and colors. They are immensely affordable too unlike custom made clothes which are expensive and therefore out of the reach of most people.
The only drawback one can point out in readymade clothes is their fit. Since these clothes are made to fit standard sizes, it often happens that these clothes may need a nip or a tuck here and there. Proper fit is very important. Not only does it make the garment look real good on the person, alterations also make clothes feel very comfortable. A good fit in fact plays a vital role in establishing good looks. Hence, a large number of people buy readymade clothes and alter it to suit their unique needs.
The following tips must be kept in mind when choosing a place for alteration of clothes:
- Any alteration of clothes is only good enough as the fit. Therefore, an alteration store must have a fitting room where the tailor works with the customer to ensure the exact fit without compromising on looks and comfort.
- A good alteration shop must be able to provide the required service within a short period of time. In some cases, it must be possible to get alterations done without former appointments. This may be necessary in case of bridal gowns. A specialist must be available for the fitting so that the customer gets the right fit.
- Some clothes are prone to shrinkage. Therefore, if such clothes must be altered, it is necessary to wash and iron the clothes before taking them to the tailor for alterations. Similarly, if pants have to be altered in length, it is advisable to bring the favored footwear to the tailoring shop. This ensures that the pants get the right fit. It is important that the tailor who is in charge of the job gives the customer the right advice so there are no last minute surprises.
- In some cases, the tailoring job may be more complex. This is more so in case of bridal gowns and formal suits. Several fittings may be required even if the article is to fit correctly. Hence, sufficient time must be allowed for such fittings.
- Finally, the tailor must be able to deliver the clothes on time. If the tailor is not reliable, it is better to look elsewhere for your alteration needs no matter how good their work is. Imagine what would happen if your wedding dress is not ready in time for the wedding, or if the tailor has you in their shop on the eve of your wedding trying out the dress!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeffy_Almeida